Come any time of the year to enjoy the breath-taking ride using the Roßfeldpanoramastraße (horse field panoramic motorway)
You find no other panoramic road as high up as this one. The road brings you right into the awesome high-alpine mountain world of the Berchtesgaden countryside.
Take your car out for a ride or use the bus to go from Berchtesgaden in Bavaria via the Obersalzberg to the alpine mountains or take the road from Unterau via Oberau. You find ample parking space along the crest road. Give yourself time to enjoy the stunningly beautiful view on the monumental massif of the Hoher Göll, the Kehlstein, and the Tennen and Dachstein mountain ranges. Let your eyes wander over the Berchtesgaden and Salzburg area.
The Roßfeldpanoramastraße invites visitors to go on exciting hiking tours. There are hiking trails for every level of fitness. Two mountain inns in picturesque surroundings and a kiosk beckon with refreshments and opportunities to play and relax.
Look no longer if you are searching for a skiing paradise and want to be sure to find excellent snow conditions. In winter, the mountains around Roßfeld are the most reliable family skiing area with various lifts and an about six kilometre [3.7 miles] long downhill ski slope to Oberau. Travelling the Roßfeldpanoramastraße has many rewards with impressions to cherish forever. Look:
- East into the Salzach valley with the city of Salzburg, the Salzburg Alps, the Dachstein and the ‘totes Gebirge’ (dead mountain) range
- Southeast to the Tennen and Hagen mountain ranges
- South to the Hoher Göll (2,522 m) and the Kehlstein (1,837 m) with the Kehlsteinhaus
- Southwest and west to the Berchtesgaden Alps with the Watzmann (2,713 m), Hochkalter (2,607 m), and the Reiteralps as well as Berchtesgaden
- Northwest and north to the Latten mountain range and the Untersberg (1,973 m)